Thursday, April 21, 2011

Spring Cleaning

Now is the time that we start to get that "Spring Cleaning" urge.  Doesn't it feel sooo good to get rid of all that clutter?  It's freeing...liberating.  Don't forget that this time of year isn't just about clearing out the physical clutter in your life, but also the mental and emotional clutter.  What do you need to let go of?  What doesn't fit anymore?  What no longer serves you?  Holding on to things you don't need are such a burden.  Look at the animals around you...are they shedding?  Look at the trees that have shed there leaves & bark.  Nature knows that shedding is essential for growth.  Sometimes we forget that we too are a part of nature.  Emotional baggage and mental clutter needs to be put in the junk pile, so your true essence can shine through and growth can occur.  Just like our houses, our bodies can also benefit from uncluttering.  This is a time to detox you body, mind, and spirit so you can emerge...all shiny and new!

2 comments:

  1. A wonderful post! It truly is a time to rid ourselves of the inessential clutter that has collected in our lives and to polish the things that matter to bring them back to their original luster. Thanks for this reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your comments. I read them at the end of every week, and I truly live by them each week. I noticed that my brain is cluttered. Right now I am worried about my papers, my class that I teach and my job. But I know that I truly shouldn't worry about any of it. So, this week I plan to do some Spring Cleaning in my brain. It won't contain alcohol though; I don't like to drink. :)

    ReplyDelete