- Exercising can help you manage your time more wisely because you must schedule your routine into your day and adjust your other daily activities accordingly.
- Exercise also leads to increased energy which can keep you in your routine and helps you juggle everything else going on in your life.
- A good exercise routine leads to better body awareness. This means that you won't be as clumsy and stressed out due to muscle tension & you'll be more aware of specific problem areas in order to make adjustments.
- Exercise helps stave off depression. When you exercise vigorously, endorphins are released giving your a natural high.
- Exercise detoxifies. Sweating is one of the best ways we can detoxify the largest organ of the body, our skin.
- You'll look good. Exercise leads to a look of natural vitality & a healthy glow. Sporting a lean & toned body is a confidence builder too!
Finding the time and the tools to make it work:
- Do you have more time in the morning, afternoon, or evening?
- Carving out just 30 minutes per day is all you need. You can build up from there when your routine becomes more solid.
- Videos are great! You don't have to worry about a schedule so much & there are so many out there that cater to every person's needs.
- Walking, jogging, and running don't require much time or extra equipment.
- Weight training & pilates will help you feel stronger, more confident, and better able to perform daily physical activities around the house or at work. Pilates works your core muscles to help you feel better balanced as you go through your day.
- Yoga is great for toning muscles, creating better body awareness, and providing stress relief. If you haven't tried it, you should. Your body will love you for it!
So, I challenge you to make a commitment this week to developing an exercise routine that works for you. Your reward: a healthier, happier, and more functional body. The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.